The Caldarium of the Forum Bath
The Roman Bath was one of the first monuments excavated by Ugolini in 1928. It can now be shown to have served as part of the forum. The building consists of several interconnected rooms linked to the caldarium (heated room). The room featured a hypocaust for steam-heated floors and walls. Part of the tiled floor suspended by pilae (ceramic disks) remains in situ (though reconstructed). A semi-circular exedra at the room’s western end served as the alveus, which was a small, heated bathing pool within the caldarium.